Eleni's GREEK PHRASE BOOK: A Beginner’s Guide to Greek Culture and the Greek Language
Do you want to learn how to speak Greek? This book will help you to understand and express the basics quickly and successfully. Designed and written for electronic devices, Eleni’s GREEK PHRASE BOOK is the perfect easy-to-use resource for anyone working in or traveling to Greece.
Do you already know a little Greek and want to know more? This Greek phrasebook will help you to expand your knowledge in different situations, including:
Describing People ׀ Driving ׀ Emergencies ׀ Feelings ׀ Entertainment ׀ Food and Drink ׀ General Conversation ׀ Getting Around ׀ Seeing the Sights ׀ Shopping ׀ Festivals and Events ׀ Public Holidays ׀ Sports and Hobbies ׀ Meeting People ׀ Telling the Time ׀ Vegetarian-Vegan-Gluten Free ׀ Weather
You’ll find over 1,000 practical and everyday Greek words and phrases.
Each word or phrase has 3 parts:
1) Word(s) in English
2) Easy-to-read text spelled in English [in square brackets like this] for correct pronunciation each time (NO phonetic symbols!)
3) The Greek version
Here is an example: pasta [pásta] πάστα
This book features:
- Over 60 Topics Arranged by Theme
- A Detailed Pronunciation Guide and Transliteration System
- An introduction to the Greek Alphabet
- A Word List with Over 600 English-To-Greek Translations
- Links to Useful Webpages
- Information about Greek Culture
- An Ingredient List for Popular Greek Foods and Desserts
- A History of the Greek Language
- Tips on Eating Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten-Free in Greece
- A List of Public Holidays and Year-Round Festivals and Events
- LEARN GREEK Activities
- What to do in Case of an Emergency
- A Month-to-Month Guide on Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables
- Information about LGBTQ and Greece
- A Basic Grammar Section
American spelling and vocabulary is used throughout, however, some common British words have also been included for our UK and other international readers.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE ON AMAZON!